If you are reading this, you made it through a challenging but transformative year. On behalf of the Black Professionals Network team, we also thank you so much for supporting us through our changes and pivots.
Yet, we were still able to do a lot together. This year we —
- Recognized 10 Black Men in Excellence, see pics
- Hosted the 4th Annual Shades of Melanin, see pics
- Recognized 10 Black Women in Excellence, here
- Partnered with Metro 1 and partners to raise and provide $100,000 in COVID relief and technical assistance for small businesses, click here
- Co-hosted weekly Career Jam and Entrepreneurship Virtual Workshop with CFBI, click here.
- Partnered with Florida Dept. of Agriculture to educate on the Florida Hemp program, recap.
- Hosted over 15 Instagram and Zoom Webinars on career, business, wealth strategies, and personal development to over 1K+ professionals, recap a few here.
- Held three (3) virtual speed networking and relationship building mixers with L’Union Suite and Mecca of Love.
- Joined Clubhouse and grew our Clubhouse club to over 2,000 members, join our club!
- Exceded our Give Miami Day goal to further Phase I of our revamped vision to impact 1 million black professionals before 2050, learn more.
- Amplified 12 black business owners through our 12 Days of Giving, see the list of businesses to support, here.
- Launched our professional community platform that starting January 2021, will provide members-only access to opportunity sourcing, master classes, career board, and professional service listing in 4 states! Apple iOS and Android mobile app to be released in Q1. Take a peek today, https://mybpn.org/register
We accomplished more together than we imagined in an abnormal year. Stay tuned for all that we have in store for 2021…and yes our Black Professionals Summit is coming back bigger than ever. Thank you for being with us on the journey.
We stayed strong together and stayed focus on ensuring our community received connections and resources to excel and thrive. We look forward to you all joining us in 2021, stay tuned for the following:
- January Networking Mixer, January 21st
- Next Steps Mentoring (2021 Cohort) focused on tech, communications, and law majors. If interested in serving as a mentor email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Black Men in Excellence (National)
- 5th Annual Shades of Melanin, February 27th
- Members-Only Master Class, March 9th
- Black Women in Excellence (National)