The Miami Chapter of the Black Professionals Networks invites you to a fireside chat with Dr. Errol Pierre to discuss his book, titled The Way Up: Climbing the Corporate Mountain as a Professional of Color.
In his book, accomplished executive and professor, Dr. Errol L. Pierre, addresses the realities Black and Hispanic people face in today’s workplace and delivers a pragmatic and actionable guide to help underrepresented individuals from all ethnic backgrounds uncover their passion to achieve their professional goals and elevate their careers.
The Way Up is an intensely personal narrative profiling Pierre’s own journey from working in a beauty salon warehouse to COO for the largest for-profit health plan in New York and offers career-transforming lessons learned along the way. The book also offers guidance from prominent executives of color and takes a step-by-step approach to understanding the skills and strategies required to move from entry-level and middle management roles to the executive ranks.
● Key to success: aligning your passion with your purpose.
● Diverse companies perform better: what CEOs need to know and how to tell them.
● How to build a personal board of directors and overcome entry-level blues through mentors, champions, and networks.
● Speaking truth to power: great risk can result in great reward.
● How to handle hostile or biased bosses.
● Imposter syndrome and knowing who you are.
● Job interviews happen everyday: the little things matter.
● The future of work presents challenges & opportunities for people of color.